Protecting the security and privacy of personal data of contact persons (each a “Business Partner Contact”) at our customers, suppliers, vendors and partners (each a “Business Partner”) is important to Azeus and its affiliated companies (together “Azeus”). Therefore, we process personal data in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
2. Categories of Personal Data Processed, Purpose of the Processing and Legal Basis
In the context of the business relationship with Azeus, Azeus may process personal data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with Business Partners about products, services and projects of Azeus or Business Partners, e.g. by responding to inquiries or requests;
- Planning, performing and managing the (contractual) relationship with Business Partners; e.g. by performing transactions and orders of products or services, processing payments, performing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries, facilitating repairs and providing support services;
- Administrating and performing customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), Business Partner compliance screening obligations (to prevent white-collar or money laundering crimes), and Azeus policies or industry standards; and
- Solving disputes, enforce our contractual agreements and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
For the aforementioned purposes, Azeus may process the following categories of personal data:
- Contact information, such as full name, work address, work telephone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number and work email address;
- Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information;
- Further information necessarily processed in a project or contractual relationship with Azeus or voluntarily provided by the Business Partner Contact, such as orders placed, payments made, requests, and project milestones;
- Information collected from publicly available resources, integrity data bases and credit agencies; and
- If legally required for Business Partner compliance screenings: information about relevant and significant litigation or other legal proceedings against Business Partners.
The processing of personal data is necessary to meet the aforementioned purposes including the performance of the respective (contractual) relationship with Business Partners. Unless indicated otherwise, the legal basis for the processing of personal data is Article 6 (1) (b) or (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation or – if explicitly provided by Business Partner Contacts – the consent (Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
If we do not collect the respective personal data, the purposes described above may not be met by us.